Friday, August 10, 2012

Debut!

Kirby continues to grow each day. She has gained steady weight each day and is getting closer and closer to her goal weight...5.0 kg....(she was 4.76 kg today). Kirby has had a big week. We were chosen to star in the MUSC Children's Hospital 25th anniversary video a few weeks back and the video release and party was this week. Kirby made her appearance and went down the red carpet at the party in a stroller and loved it. She also went for her first trip outside today. She wasn't to sure about the bright sun but seemed to like it after a bit. Shout out to nurse Barbara for getting us out today! You are great....always keep us smiling with those steller dance moves and Whitney Houston voice. Also, thanks to my sweet friends for coming to visit last weekend and for getting me out for a few hours to catch some rays on the beach. You guys are great! I was so glad they were able to see and hold Kirby for the first time. Also, I had to make a trip home this week for a meeting and was able to have some girl time for dinner! Thanks ladies for joining me! It was so nice to be refreshed with some girl time. I feel so guilty for leaving Kirby but know that it only makes me stronger and a better mom to get some fresh air sometimes. I LOVE coming back and holding this sweet baby girl though.

Happy 4 month birthday to Kirby! I can't believe we have been here for 4 months. We are hoping that Kirby's next surgery will be no later than early September. We should know something pretty soon about that. Continue to keep us in your prayers as we approach a surgery date. I can't imagine how difficult it will be to turn her over to the surgeon, but I KNOW, God has a great plan. I can't wait to see it continue to unfold in her life!

Check out the link to the MUSC Children's Hospital video:
http://youtu.be/YRYEf6wYdsU


No comments:

Post a Comment